Sunday, January 16, 2005

Guess the Bloggers

August has a good post on the whole Zephyr Teachout debacle. In the midst of the post he has this to say:
In the three years I've been blogging I've seen college professors knowingly lie. I've seen gay men sell out their very soul for the sake of pretending that their President doesn't consider them an abomination. I've seen brilliant women with the most clever minds for pop culture force themselves to act stupid for the sake of convincing themselves of the infallibility of recent foreign policy. The right-wing blogosphere has removed itself from any realm of rational discourse and instead established only one principle: win the argument.
OK, let's play a game, who is August referring to?

"I've seen college professors knowingly lie."

Too easy. There are so many examples it's not even worth guessing, but I assume he is talking about the King of Professor-Bloggers, and the King of all Liars, Glenn Reynolds (also king of shit-blogging).

"I've seen gay men sell out their very soul for the sake of pretending that their President doesn't consider them an abomination."

Now, the obvious answer would be Andrew "king of libel" Sullivan. But I don't think that is who August is referring to. Rather, I think he is referring to Gay Patriot --- a complete apologist for Bush who has picked up where Sully left off (after Sully nominally stopped supporting Shrub). Gay Patriot sucks W's cock so much more intensely than W --- going so far as to apologize and defend consistently W's brazen anti-gay bigotry.

"I've seen brilliant women with the most clever minds for pop culture force themselves to act stupid for the sake of convincing themselves of the infallibility of recent foreign policy."

OK, this has to be Ann Althouse. Ann is a complete apologist for W. I think she wants Laura's job.

So August, am I correct? I really want to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home